Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My kids always come rushing to the table for this one. We like the taste and texture that the matza develops in this better than traditional lasagna noodles.
- 6 sheets matzos, boards
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 (32 ounce) jar pizza sauce or 0.5 (32 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups chopped broccoli or 2 cups spinach
- Spoon 2-4 tablespoons of marinara sauce on bottom of pan.
- Dip matzah boards in milk on both sides and lay on sauce.
- Pour some sauce over matzah.
- Spoon cottage cheese mixed with eggs over sauce.
- Layer american cheese over cottage cheese.
- Place chopped vegetables over cheese.
- Place second layer of dipped matzah boards over vegetables.
- Cover with another layer of sauce.
- Bake in a 400 oven for 30 minutes covered.
- Remove from oven, add shredded cheese to top and return to oven until nicely melted.
Great recipe. Looking forward to making it again next Passover!