2 hrs 30 mins
studio city girl's Note:
This is a unique and very flavorful way to prepare a beef brisket - when you want a change from bbq flavors. One of our long time family favorites, great for company or a holiday meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover the bottom of a roasting pan with sliced onions, bay leaf , some garlic slivers and 1 slice of fresh ginger root.
- 2Place brisket on top, tuck garlic slivers into fat if desired; cover fat side with yellow mustard, sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper- turn over and repeat on other side.
- 3Pour one cup sherry over roast and marinate until ready to cook (overnight is fine).
- 4Cook at 400 degrees to brown for 20 minutes, then turn roast over (fat side up) for another 20 minutes.
- 5Reduce heat to 300 degrees and cover.
- 6Approximate cooking time is another 2 hours. Roast is done when fork comes out easily.
- 7Let stand for at least 1/2 hour before slicing.
- 8Return slices to gravy.
- 9If desired, sliced potatoes can be added to pan 1/2 hour before meat is done.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bubbe's Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1116.9
- Calories from Fat 722
- Total Fat 80.2 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 220.7 mg
- Sodium 203.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 51.5 g