Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I have no idea who Bubba is but I love his Fajita Recipe......depending on your preference, either cut the steak into strips prior to marinating and saute in a skillet stovetop or marinate whole and grill.
- 1 lb skirt steak (or cut of your choice)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 1 large ime juice
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- Trim fat from steak. Pound lightly to tenderize. Place meat in non-metallic container. Top with onion rings.
- Combine garlic, cumin, cilantro, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, liquid smoke, lime juice and pepper. Pour over meat and onions. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove meat and onions reserving marinade. Place meat on a grill, basting and turning often. When the meat is done, slice it into thin strips across the grain.
- Meanwhile, saute the onions and peppers in butter.
- Serve with your choice of refried beans, rice, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cheese on warm flour tortillas.
- Can also substitute chicken for the steak.
Oh wow!! This was heaven! I decided to grill our boneless sirloin whole. Next time I am going to double the sauce, and just reserve some to have with the finished product. I didn't have any cilantro, but we didn't miss it. We sliced the meat very thin and piled it into flour tortillas along with the blackened (sauteed) onions and peppers, fresh avocado, cheese, salsa, sour cream, rice and corn. Everyone at the table flipped for these fajitas and we would LOVE to make them again! Thanks Anna'sMom!