Recipe by Sherrybeth
This was given to me a hundred years ago (well, not quite) by an old boyfriend who got the recipe from his grandmother. My kids love this stuff. You can add more seasoning or hot sauce if you like! Throw in some cornbread and you have a one-dish meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with seasoning.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- Remove chicken.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Saute onions, celery, bell pepper, and sliced smoked sausage for 5 minutes or until vegetables are somewhat wilted.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, and just enough water to cover chicken.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer up to 1 hour until chicken is tender. Serve over rice.