Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
Somebody's on a low-carb diet! But he didn't say anything about cholesterol! So...here's what I fed him. (I made it with another of my recipies, Toaster Oven Tomatoes)
- 1 beef burger (I like Bubba Burger patties which are frozen 1/3 pound burgers found at most supermarkets...Carm's f)
- 2 slices white American cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oil, Worcestershire sauce, and balsamic vinegar in a pan.
- Add in the minced garlic and sautee.
- Cook the Bubba burger on the pan. Don't flip from one side to the other until the first side is browned.
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the burger.
- When the burger is done, add two slices of cheese to cover the burger (they'll overlap and hang over the edges -- yum!).
- Remove the burger from the pan but don't turn off the flame or discard the pan juices.
- Allow the burger to sit on a plate so the cheese melts over the top.
- Meanwhile, crack an egg in the pan and fry it without breaking the yolk. The yolk should cook through and not be runny so flip the egg to cook both sides.
- Place the fried egg over the cheeseburger and serve.
- Make sure Ketchup is on the table!