Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my version of a great supper for ANY occasion! It always gets RAVE reviews and I have given the recipe to almost everyone who has had it.The various meats add sooo much flavor and men LOVE this. It is a one dish meal!
- 1 cup bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1 lb smoked sausage (sliced 1/4 in. slices)
- 2 cans pork & beans
- 1 can kidney bean
- 2 cans navy beans
- 1 can baby lima beans
- 1 can butter beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry hot mustard
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- brown bacon and remove from pan (will use later).
- brown onion and celery in grease until soft (remove from pan) and quickly fry sliced sausage in bacon fat to brown.
- brown sausage- drain.
- brown hamburger- drain (I brown these meats at the same time in 2 pans for speed).
- In a 3 quart casserole, mix all 4 meats well.
- Open and drain all the cans of beans and add to meats.
- In another bowl, mix together the sauce of ketchup, brown sugar, onion and celery, vinegar, mustard and red pepper.
- Add this to the meat mixture and stir well!
- cover and bake for 1 hour.