Recipe by Manda
Simple rice side-dish that has a wonderful onion flavor. This recipe produces a creamy rice that goes well with chicken or pork. My grandmother (my Bubba) used to make this all the time when I was a kid, and it is still one of my favorites, yet oh, so simple. Cook time includes time to cook the rice.
Top Review by diamonds4heather
I quite enjoyed the flavor of this dish, it went well with the fried chicken I made last night. I added 2 cloves of garlic and it wasn't overpowering at all. Plus, I sprinkled in a bit of parmesean cheese right before I served it. Very tasty. Thanks for the post.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup water
- salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package.
- In large skillet, saute onion in butter or margarine until soft.
- Add cooked rice, chicken boullion dissolved in 1 cup of boiling water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes,adding extra water to produce a creamy texture.