Recipe by Miss Annie
This wonderful recipe comes from "The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook". It is deceptively simple, but very tasty. Prep time includes chilling the shrimp after cooking.
- 6 cups water
- 2 lbs unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- curly leaf lettuce
- shredded iceberg lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3-5 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink.
- Drain well; rinse with cold water.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients; stir well.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over shrimp, and toss gently.
- Line a shell shaped bowl or salad bowl with leaf lettuce; top with shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Spoon shrimp mixture evenly over shredded lettuce.