Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This wonderful recipe comes from "The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook". It is deceptively simple, but very tasty. Prep time includes chilling the shrimp after cooking.
- 6 cups water
- 2 lbs unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- curly leaf lettuce
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3-5 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink.
- Drain well; rinse with cold water.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients; stir well.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over shrimp, and toss gently.
- Line a shell shaped bowl or salad bowl with leaf lettuce; top with shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Spoon shrimp mixture evenly over shredded lettuce.