Recipe by Cooking in Missouri
When we went to New Orleans is 2004 we ate at Bubba Gump's. I have to tell you Oh My Goodness, this is the BEST! A couple of nights later my husband was craving this, so we had ordered "take out". I found this recipe online, I changed it very little.
Top Review by DoveChocolatierinKY
I tried to submit a correction, but I could not figure it out. For anyone trying to make this recipe, the DURKEE SAUCE is Durkee brand HOT SAUCE. Took me a while to figure it out, but I did! Hope this is helpful.
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, deveined
- 4 red potatoes, cooked and quartered
- 12 pieces carrots, cut into 6 inch strips
- 12 pieces celery, cut into 6 inch strips
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 2 fresh corn on the cob, broken in halves
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 dash liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 gallon water
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce (Durkee's sauce preferred)
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon seafood boil, spice
- 1⁄4 cup beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all poaching liquid ingredients and then bring to boil, then reduce to a medium simmer.
- Add shrimp, vegetables, corn, potatoes and the lemon wedges from 1 lemon and cook until shrimp is completely done.
- Remove from poaching liquid, strain and place in stainless steel bowl.
- Add butter, cajun spice, garlic and liquid smoke and toss together.
- Serve on large platter with the extra lemon wedges.