1/4 Photos of Bubba Don't Eat This Onion Soup With Melted Mozzarella
1 hr 15 mins
Diana #2's Note:
Onion soup is probably my very favourite. I'm always trying new recipes to find the best that's out there. So far, I haven't found any that I like quite as much as my own. I'm hoping you will like it too. If you don't have leeks, just throw in an extra onion. Afterall....this is ONION soup! By the way....Bubba is one of my husbands many nicknames. He doesn't like onions......but we all know he gets them anyway. He just doesn't realize it. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 vidalia onions
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 leeks, white and light green sections only thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (284 ml) cans condensed beef broth
- 2 (284 ml) cans water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 buns, sliced, I use multi-grain
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- 2Chop one onion until fine. I generally use my mini-chopper. Cut the remaining onions in half, then slice.
- 3Add garlic, leeks and all the onions and the salt to the melted butter. Saute until soft. This should take approximately 15 minutes.
- 4Cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Add beef broth, water, pepper and tabasco sauce. Bring just to the boil.
- 6Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7At this point, you may continue with the recipe, or cool and store in the fridge. Great for single servings!
- 8To serve:.
- 9Preheat oven or toaster oven (good for single servings) to the broil setting.
- 10Ladle soup into an oven proof bowl. Top with a slice of the toasted bun.
- 11Spoon on a few of the onions and top with a 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- 12Broil until the cheese has melted and is starting to brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bubba Don't Eat This Onion Soup With Melted Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 712.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.4 g