1/9 Photos of Bubba, Dennis, and Jerry's Farm Baked Crispy Chicken and Gravy
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
You could hear the lunch bell ring from all the way over at the barn. Dong! Dong! Dong! "It's time for lunch!" Jerry shouted. He jumped down off the tractor and headed for the old pickup truck. "Whata we having?" yelled Bubba. Dennis smiled, "We having that lip smacking good chicken with that sauce!" Everyone piled into the back of the truck and made their way to the table, it was piled high with tasty chicken, sauce in a gravy ladle and some nice red tomatoes. Hurry up and pass that down here...Granddad boldly nodded. Feel free to add the sauce to potatoes or vegetables as suggested by Jen T who must be a genius! Thanks, Jen! But most of all *enjoy* and gather around the table and rest a spell.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (can use light or fat free)
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs (judge the size of your chicken, more may be needed)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional-seasoning salt)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash ground red pepper (optional spicy)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees or 176 Celsius.
- 2Using a bowl, roll chicken breasts thinly with mayonnaise.
- 3Put corn flake crumbs in a zip-loc bag. with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and red pepper (if using).
- 4Throw chicken (covered with mayo) in corn flake mixture.
- 5Spray a baking pan with cooking spray, and place chicken in sprayed pan.
- 6Bake for 25 to 35 minutes (if larger chicken breast adjust for longer cooking time). Internal temp of chicken must be 180 degrees or 83 Celsius.
- 7Easy Sauce: In medium sauce pan whisk milk into mayonnaise, and warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 8Add cheese, thyme, pepper, and optional Tabasco sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste, stirring until cheese is melted.
- 9Heat until thickened slightly, (about 3 minutes).
- 10Serve chicken on platter with sauce in gravy boat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bubba, Dennis, and Jerry's Farm Baked Crispy Chicken and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.4
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 1036.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 28.5 g