Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounded so easy and yummy. Got it off Recipe Goldmine. Let me know what you think if you try it.
- 1⁄2 lb unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup pancake mix
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact; devein, if desired. Combine pancake mix and beer in a small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge shrimp in flour; shake off excess. Dip shrimp into batter; dredge in coconut. Fry, a few at a time, 45 seconds on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.