Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This are one of the traditional desserts for Christmas time, or to elebrate the "Posadas." Tis recipe I got it from an add from Tiendas Calimax, in México.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups boiled water (adjusted to the softness of the dough)
- 2 cups oil
Miel or Syrup
- 4 cups water
- 2 lbs brown sugar (piloncillo)
- 3 cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- In a mixing bowl add the flour and the boild water (now just warm), kneaded until the dough is soft.
- Make small balls with the dough and let it rest for half an hour, then using a rolling pin make thin "tortillas" and let them air for and additional hour.
- When the time is up, heat up the oil in a skillet, and deep fry the buñuelos. They will brown instantly, turn once and put aside immediately to drain over paper towels.
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil on low heat, for about 25 minutes.
- The buñuelos are served with the syrup on top, alonside a warm "Champurrado.".