Recipe by Dave Salch
This blueberry pie is the absolute best berry pie ever. The BS in the title refers to the Brother Sister team that created it, my wife and her brother. If you like pie, give this a shot, you wont be disappointed!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this as given in the recipe & it defintely is a great tasting pie! Another time, though, I'd make it with a homemade pie crust, but that's the only change I'd make! Definitely something to make again ~ Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]
- 4 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar (raw)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place blueberries into a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice (1 lemon) over the berries.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups sugar over the blueberries and mix slightly.
- Add ½ cup of flour (mix lightly).
- Sprinkle salt over the berries.
- FIT pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Pour berry mixture into pastry shell, and dot with butter.
- FIT the other ½ pie crust over filling, seal and trim off any overhang.
- Cut slits in top of crust.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten eggs (be generous).
- Sprinkle unbaked pie with 2 teaspoons sugar (raw).
- BAKE at 400°F for 35 minutes or until golden.