6 hrs 30 mins
Chef Bryn's Note:
This is a mixture of 2 recipes that I like, which I've brought together, plus a few extras and changes. It can have as much or as little kick as you like by varying the ingredients as you like. As it is, nothing is overpowering. This is best served with a good coleslaw, which I haven't included here. If you're looking for a good coleslaw, I like "Kittencal's Famous Coleslaw", which you can find on this site just by doing a search for it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs pork legs or 5 lbs pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup diced tomato (canned is okay)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed or grated)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit, chopped fine (raisins, mangoes, or dates, etc)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (All brands have varying spiciness)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- hamburger bun
- 1Trim pork of excess fat and cut into chunks that are easier to place evenly in the bottom of the crockpot.
- 2Cook onions until soft in a saucepan.
- 3Add garlic, cooking until just turning golden.
- 4Add all other ingredients, stirring well and bring to a simmer.
- 5Pour over pork, and cover.
- 6Cook on high for 6 to 8 hours, turning down if kept cooking longer.
- 7Remove pork from crockpot, and place it on a large plate or platter, leaving sauce in crockpot.
- 8Using a fork in each hand, shred the pork by pulling it apart at the grain.
- 9Return pork to the sauce, stirring well.
- 10Serve heaped on hamburger buns and if desired, some coleslaw.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bryn's Crockpot Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 890.6
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 210.0 mg
- Sodium 546.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 52.9 g