Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Chris Carmichael's "Food for Fitness"
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- boil the penne.
- in a separate pan, combine tomatoes (don't drain) and beans in a large, non-stick skillet. bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- remove skillet from heat and add spinach to the sauce, letting the spinach wilt. stir constantly.
- serve sauce over pasta, sprinkle with feta.
- I like to add about a half-cup of regular spaghetti sauce to this to thicken it up a little bit. It helps to get tomatoes with basil flavoring in them, too. Putting in some grilled chicken bites helps pump it up as well.