Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My personal recipe for meatloaf.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup herbed croutons, crushed
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 7 ounces tomato paste
- 7 ounces mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Get a large bowl. In this bowl you need to add the ground beef, Italian Seasoning, 1/3 of a white onion (chopped), ½ of a bell pepper (chopped), 1 egg, 1 can of tomato sauce, and one can of mushrooms. Grab a handful of croutons and crush them in to tiny pieces over the bowl. Two big handfuls should be good enough. Now with you bare hands mix all of the ingredients together.
- Once mixed, put the mixture in a 12” x 9” glass baking dish. Spread the mixture evenly over the dish pressing down firmly to make sure there are no air bubbles. Sprinkle Italian Seasoning over the top.
- Open the can of tomato past and with the round side of a spoon spread a thin layer of paste across the top of the loaf. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on the paste. Cover the dish with foil but position the foil so that it is not resting on the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and remove foil. Be careful because it is hot and there will be grease. Leave the grease. Put back in the oven and bake until loaf is firm all the way through.