Recipe by Bryan Kayton
This is an easy way to prepare hot wings on a gas or charcoal grill. I use a gas grill. The sauce you use is up to you but I use John Boy and Billy's Hot and Spicy Grillin' Sauce and Frank's Red Hot Extra Hot . I use 3 tbsp of hot sauce but you may have to adjust to taste and heat level. I experimented with several variations until I came up with this. Be sure to use safe poultry handling practices.
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove wings from package, rinse and drain.
- Fold wings into tight triangles and place on hot grill.
- Cook 3-5 minutes per side to sear in juices.
- Turn grill to medium and continue cooking until almost done, turning often (meat will begin to pull away from the drumette bones).
- Turn grill to low and mix sauces.
- Liberally brush sauce onto wings, turn and repeat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes turn and continue basting until sauce is exhausted.