1/1 Photo of Bryan's Buttermilk Pancakes
Chef Wahoo's Note:
These are a staple around our house as we make them most every Saturday and have been for the last 20 years. I have modified an old recipe that my mother handed down to me off of an old flour sack. THESE ARE NOT A POURABLE TYPE PANCAKE THE BATTER WILL BE THICK.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all dry ingredients with a whisk.
- 2In a separate bowl whisk all wet ingredients together.
- 3Combine wet ingredients into dry by using a wooden spoon or spatula. Batter needs to be very thick and lumpy -- This is correct.
- 4Make sure that you either use a griddle set at 350 degrees or a cast iron skillet over medium heat. (make sure that you put 2 tsp of cooking oil in the skillet before you start. Once you start you don't need to add any cooking oil. Cooking spray may be acceptable.).
- 5Using a 1/3 cup pour batter onto griddle using a swirling motion to flatten out. When the batter starts to bubble, flip the pancake. To keep warm we store them in a tortilla warmer. For left overs they can be frozen, just place wax paper in between cakes and freeze in a zip lock. When you want one just pull out and microwave.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bryan's Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 414.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g