Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes directly out of Bryanna Clark Grogan's "20 Minutes to Dinner". It is fabulous on seitan, tofu, or TVP!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a blender, or add scallions after blending for more color and texture.
- The sauce can be used right away as a marinade for TVP or tofu, or can be simmered over low heat in a small saucepan until it thickens and used later for stirfries or marinades.
- It will keep at least a week.
- I have had great success simmering this sauce in partially rehydrated TVP chunks (I had to add more water to the sauce while simmering) and tofu.
- Once the sauce coats and absorbs into whatever protein source you choose to use, you can lay the chunks out on a cookie sheet and broil them until slightly charred, or about 5-10 minutes.
Lovely. We added some extra garlic and some red pepper flakes for some heat. Added a cup of dry soy strips and cooked together for about 15 minutes. Served over mixed grains and sides of kimchee and steamed broccoli. Great meal. Thanks for sharing this easy and tasty sauce. Will make this again for sure.