Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This candy tastes just like Skor or Heath candy bars. I adapted this recipe from "At Home with Family & Friends" cookbook from Cornerstone Television and also from a recipe my Aunt Rhoda often made. I used Matzoh crackers since I had some on hand and it tasted even better than the saltines that this recipe usually calls for! You may also substitute semi-sweet chocolate. This candy makes a great hostess gift or thank you gift.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with"sides" or jellyroll pan with aluminum foil.
- Make sure there are no holes or room for liquid to leak out.
- Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Arrange matzoh or saltines (whole NOT crushed) in a single layer over foil.
- In saucepan combine sugar and butter and bring to a boil.
- As soon as mixture boils, remove from heat and pour gently over crackers.
- Sprinkle nuts over crackers if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rearrange any crackers that have moved.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers and wait 1-3 minutes until softened and spread out evenly with a knife.
- Cool and then chill in refridgerator for several hours.
- Break apart then store in a sealed container or jar.
- This candy tastes just like Skor or Heath bars!