- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 ounce fresh yeast or granulated yeast
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat ½ cup of the water to lukewarm. Dissolve the yeast in the water.
- Put the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the egg yolks, the sugar, and the yeast. Beat in the remaining water, the milk, the butter, salt, salad oil, and vanilla.
- Beat until the mixture is smooth. Beat the egg whites until they stand in stiff peaks. Fold them into the batter.
- Let the batter stand for 1 hour, stirring it 4 times. Bake the waffles in a waffle iron as usual. Serve with whipped cream, fruit, jam or sugar.