Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My youngest son loved brussels sprouts even as a child! This was one of his favorites.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup toasted pecans
- 3⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- In a large heavy skillet, combine the sprouts, cream and garlic.
- Over medium-low heat, bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook until sprouts are crisp tender and still bright green, about 10 minutes.
- Cream will be mostly absorbed.
- Place the basil, pecans and lemon peel in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Toss brussels sprouts with the mixture until well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.