Recipe by Kelly M.
Petite Brussels sprouts go nicely with this vinaigrette. Quick to make, easily doubled or cut in half.
- 1⁄2 lb frozen petite Brussels sprout (I like Hanover Gold Line)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil or steam Brussels sprouts until just crisp tender.
- While sprouts are cooking, melt butter in skillet or saucepan.
- Add onion and sauté over medium low heat until soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add cooked Brussels sprouts, stir to coat, and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve warm.