Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Petite Brussels sprouts go nicely with this vinaigrette. Quick to make, easily doubled or cut in half.
- 1⁄2 lb frozen petite Brussels sprout (I like Hanover Gold Line)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Boil or steam Brussels sprouts until just crisp tender.
- While sprouts are cooking, melt butter in skillet or saucepan.
- Add onion and sauté over medium low heat until soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add cooked Brussels sprouts, stir to coat, and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve warm.
WOW!!!!! This is terrific !!!!! I'll be making these often as I really like sprouts.I doubled the vinegar because I really like it too.Thanx for such a yummy recipe
We liked these alot!!!
Oh man!! These were so good!!! I reduced the ingredients to make just one serving. All for ME! Fabulous. This would also be good on green beans or asparagus (or broccoli?). Thanks for sharing. I'll make this again for sure! :)