Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe source: Fresh from the Farmer's Market
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- In a serving bowl combine the butter, walnut oil, parsley and chives. Set aside.
- Trim brussel sprouts.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add sprouts and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return sprouts to pan over low heat. Cook briefly, stirring until all water has evaporated.
- Transfer sprouts to serving bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper. Toss until butter melts and sprouts are coated with seasoning.
Perfectly cooked - and the parsley and chives add an unexpected earthy flavor! I don't think the butter was necessary.
I picked this recipe A: because we like brussels sprouts and B. I was able to use fresh herbs from the garden! Easy and quick. Served with lemon wedges. Reviewed for Veg Tag October.
This is a good way to fix your brussels sprouts. I skipped the butter and used less oil to lower the fat. Walnut oil is pretty subtle. You could probably use a strong flavored finishing olive oil to get even more flavor out of it. Yummy nonetheless.