Recipe by **Pebbles**
Tender sprouts served with a sour cream sauce.
Top Review by Tannic
This was good. The kids and I liked it quite a bit. This came together very fast. There are some similar recipes that my wife has made that involve bacon and toasted pine nuts and a sour cream sauce, but they all take way to long for a fast weeknight dinner.
- 28 ounces frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sprouts according to package directions and drain.
- In saucepan, saute onion in margarine about 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour, brown sugar, mustard and salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring mixture to a boil; then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add sour cream; just enough to heat through.
- Pour sprouts in serving dish and cover with cream sauce.