Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender sprouts served with a sour cream sauce.
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts With Sour Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Cook sprouts according to package directions and drain.
- In saucepan, saute onion in margarine about 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour, brown sugar, mustard and salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring mixture to a boil; then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add sour cream; just enough to heat through.
- Pour sprouts in serving dish and cover with cream sauce.
This was good. The kids and I liked it quite a bit. This came together very fast. There are some similar recipes that my wife has made that involve bacon and toasted pine nuts and a sour cream sauce, but they all take way to long for a fast weeknight dinner.
This was delicious! We love brussels sprouts and wanted to try a new recipe - definitely a repeat!
This was very good. I like finding a good use for frozen Brussels sprouts. I thought the sauce was a tad too thick, so I might use more milk and a bit less sour cream next time. I also think I'd add a bunch of mushrooms next time, browning in the butter with the onions. I just think they'd be perfect in this sauce. Thanks!