Recipe by CountryLady
The tangy mustard marinade gives sprouts an interesting flavour!
Top Review by Kozmic Blues
Good flavor on this veggie dish. Next time I think I'll let the sprouts roast a little longer, per my husbands request : /, he likes them super-soft. I thought the roasted shallots were a nice touch. AND the fresh dill was a great addition at the end. I almost didn't add it (shame on me!) because when I tasted the sauce, I thought the flavors were just right as it was. I am so glad that I did because it really added alot.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 shallots, peeled & halved
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed & cut in half
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken or 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk oil, vinegar & mustard together.
- Toss with vegetables & season to taste.
- Place on baking sheets in a single layer; bake in a preheated 425F oven for 20- 25 minutes or until tender & browned.
- Melt butter in a large skillet & stir in veggies.
- Add stock& bring to a boil; reduce until stock thickens & sprouts glisten.
- Sprinkle with dill.