Recipe by COOKGIRl
Rearranged a little bit. Source unknown. Meyer lemon only, please!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious recipe! Just recently discovered that I love brussels sprouts. : ) This recipe really hit the spot as I love roasted vegetables and I especially love the tartness of lemon and pomegranate molasses. Will definitely make this dish again.
- 1⁄2 lb Brussels sprout (of uniform size)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated meyer washed and dried, preferably organic
- 2 -3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (switched from 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts (coarsely chopped) or 1⁄4 cup toasted hazelnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1 lemon, juice of, meyer
- extra virgin olive oil (use *twice* as much olive oil as you have Meyer lemon juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- *Note: I roasted the brussels sprouts instead of steaming them. I used Barefoot Contessa's basic recipe for: Recipe #56103.
- Or, to STEAM the brussels sprouts: Bring a skillet half full of water to a boil. Trim the bottom of the Brussels sprouts. Cut in half if small or into lengthwise quarters if larger. You want the pieces to be of roughly equal size so they’ll cook in the same amount of time.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the boiling water. Add sprouts and give them a stir. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until bright green and beginning to be tender. They’ll keep cooking a bit after they’re drained.
- DRESSING: While the brussels sprouts are cooking, prepare the dressing. Squeeze juice of the zested Meyer lemon into a measuring cup. Add twice as much olive oil as lemon juice. Whisk well.
- Once the brussels sprouts are removed from the pan or oven, drain well (if they were steamed) and immediately toss with lemon zest. Grate the zest with a microplane directly onto the sprouts.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving platter.
- Gently drizzle the pomegranate molasses on the brussels sprouts and garnish with the nuts. Check for salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the Brussels sprouts.
- Variation: Replace lemon rind with orange.
- Cooking time will vary depending on your method of preparing the brussels sprouts.