1/1 Photo of Brussels Sprouts With Pomegranate Molasses and Meyer Lemon
Rearranged a little bit. Source unknown. Meyer lemon only, please!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb Brussels sprout (of uniform size)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated meyer washed and dried, preferably organic
- 2 -3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (switched from 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts (coarsely chopped) or 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1 lemon, juice of, meyer
- extra virgin olive oil (use *twice* as much olive oil as you have Meyer lemon juice)
- 1*Note: I roasted the brussels sprouts instead of steaming them. I used Barefoot Contessa's basic recipe for: Roasted Brussels Sprouts!.
- 2Or, to STEAM the brussels sprouts: Bring a skillet half full of water to a boil. Trim the bottom of the Brussels sprouts. Cut in half if small or into lengthwise quarters if larger. You want the pieces to be of roughly equal size so they’ll cook in the same amount of time.
- 3Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the boiling water. Add sprouts and give them a stir. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until bright green and beginning to be tender. They’ll keep cooking a bit after they’re drained.
- 4DRESSING: While the brussels sprouts are cooking, prepare the dressing. Squeeze juice of the zested Meyer lemon into a measuring cup. Add twice as much olive oil as lemon juice. Whisk well.
- 5Once the brussels sprouts are removed from the pan or oven, drain well (if they were steamed) and immediately toss with lemon zest. Grate the zest with a microplane directly onto the sprouts.
- 6Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving platter.
- 7Gently drizzle the pomegranate molasses on the brussels sprouts and garnish with the nuts. Check for salt and pepper.
- 8Drizzle the dressing over the Brussels sprouts.
- 9Variation: Replace lemon rind with orange.
- 10Cooking time will vary depending on your method of preparing the brussels sprouts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts With Pomegranate Molasses and Meyer Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of