Recipe by jesst
From Cooking Light Dec 2002, I love this recipe because it is delicious, easy, and makes brussels sprouts quick to prepare.
Top Review by ashlynn08
This is the only way I will cook my brussel sprouts. Has a ton of flavor and I can add other veggies to it such as carrots or snow peas. Sometimes I use beef broth instead of the chicken broth or brown sugar in place of regular. Great recipe, thanks for posting!
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 cups halved and thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar (I omit this)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons coarsely chopped pecans, toasted (I use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in Brussels sprouts; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth and sugar; cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently. Stir in salt. Sprinkle with pecans.