1/1 Photo of Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta & Onions Recipe (Woman's Day)
By Woman's Day Kitchen from Woman's Day | November 17, 2010 For a tasty alternative to green bean casserole, try this side dish that’s full of smoky and robust flavor, with Brussels sprouts that are boiled and then sautéed with diced pancetta and sliced onion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Bring 1 inches of lightly salted water to a boil in a large, deep skillet. Add sprouts and simmer, covered, until crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- 22. Wipe out the skillet. Add pancetta and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
- 33. Add onion to drippings in skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 44. Increase heat to medium-high. Add sprouts, salt and pepper, and cook, tossing, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add pancetta and vinegar, if using, and toss to combine.
- 5Get Ahead Cook the Brussels sprouts (step 1) and refrigerate for up to 1 day. When ready to make, bring to room temperature, then continue with step 2.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta & Onions Recipe (Woman's Day)
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 127.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: