Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Crazy Good Italian by Mike Isabella
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup small diced pancetta (about 4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup small diced shallot
- 3⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, quartered
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until fat had rendered and the pancetta is crispy. Add the shallot and sauté 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the sherry vinegar, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and simmer to reduce the liquid by half. This will take 20-25 minutes.
- While the glaze is reducing, toss the brussels sprouts with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and salt. Stir to coat evenly coat. Arrange them on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast 20-25 minutes.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with the glaze and serve hot.
This recipe is word for word stolen from Mike Isabella from Top Chef. I've had the dish in one of his restaurants and own the cookbook he published it in.
Excellent! I used sugar-free syrup and splenda brown sugar and I reduced the amount of each by half. I also had to substitute red wine vinegar for the sherry but this was still really good.