Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve as a side dish with pork, duck, game or chicken.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed, ground coarsely in a mortar
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Trim the base of the sprouts and cut an "X" in each to help the sprouts cook faster.
- Boil until just tender, about 5 minutes; test by piercing with a knife.
- Drain and cool quickly under cold running water.
- Pat dry, then cut the sprouts into halves and slice thinly.
- Heat the olive oil, pancetta, garlic and pepper flakes in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- When the garlic is fragrant and the pancetta just begins to crisp, add the brussels sprouts and the caraway seeds.
- Stir until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt.