Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
brussel sprouts with pancetta.I found this recipe on everyday italian.very good
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces paper-thin slices pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Partially cook the Brussels sprouts in a large pot of boiling salted water, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pancetta and saute until beginning to crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until pale golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the same skillet and saute until heated through and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the broth and simmer until the broth reduces just enough to coat the Brussels sprouts, about 3 minutes.
Absolutely Loved it! My DH loved the preparation so much that he has asked for this dish for Christmas Eve Dinner. Quite a nice review! Thank you.
I made this last Thanksgiving and just did a search to make them again this year. I actually cannot wait. My husband insisted that he didn't like brussel sprouts and was disappointed that this was one of the our veggies on a holiday. This year, he asked if I would be making those brussel sprouts again. I used homemade veggie stock instead of chicken broth, but skipped the salt. I also made a double batch and enjoyed the leftovers. I don't know if I would ever use another recipe for brussel sprouts!
Very nice way to make brussels sprouts. The pancetta and chicken broth add wonderful flavor to the vegetables. Be sure to use low sodium broth (I didn't and the result was quite salty).