1/1 Photo of Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta
From Rick Rodgers' Christmas 101.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, coarsely chopped (1/4-inch thick slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped shallot
- 3 (10 ounce) containters Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (may use homemade turkey stock, if you have it)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a big skillet, cook the pancetta in heated oil over medium-heat, turning occasionally, until crisp and brown (about 5 minutes).
- 2Add in the shallots; stir/saute for 1 minute or until softened.
- 3Stir in the Brussels sprouts.
- 4Add in the broth; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Cover and lower heat to medium-low.
- 6Simmer for about 20 minutes or until sprouts are tender when pierced with the tip of a small, sharp knife.
- 7If any broth remains, increase heat to medium-high and cook until broth evaporates.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.9
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: