Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
From Rick Rodgers' Christmas 101.
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, coarsely chopped (1/4-inch thick slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shallot
- 3 (10 ounce) containters Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (may use homemade turkey stock, if you have it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a big skillet, cook the pancetta in heated oil over medium-heat, turning occasionally, until crisp and brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the shallots; stir/saute for 1 minute or until softened.
- Stir in the Brussels sprouts.
- Add in the broth; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and lower heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until sprouts are tender when pierced with the tip of a small, sharp knife.
- If any broth remains, increase heat to medium-high and cook until broth evaporates.
- Serve hot.
I couldn't get pancetta at the store, so I had to use bacon. I LOVED slicing the brussel sprouts though, how cool!