Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another yummy way to serve Brussels sprouts.
- 1 lb frozen petite Brussels sprout (or 1 lb. fresh small Brussels sprouts)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook/steam Brussels sprouts in salted water until tender about 5-7 minutes (if using fresh, will take a bit longer). Drain and place hot drained Brussels sprouts in a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, over medium heat, sautee onions and garlic in the butter until onions are translucent; about 4-5 minutes. Add cream, parmesan, salt and pepper and stir. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is fully melted and sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour sauce over Brussels sprouts and serve immediately.
I made as directed and recipe is good. I love the idea of brussels sprouts with alfredo sauce but I prefer my own method of cooking brussels sprouts and my own alfredo sauce.
Simply delicious! DH grilled the brussels sprouts and then finished them with the wonderful Alfredo sauce. A real treat! Made for ZWT4. Thanks for the recipe! ~Sue
This was a very nice combination of flavors for us. Easy to make and presents well. I added a little cayenne pepper for a little extra zip but other than that made as written.