Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another yummy Brussels side dish.
- 16 ounces frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook Brussels sprouts in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over med. heat with onion; cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in flour and remaining ingredients, stirring and heating until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour sauce mixture over cooked Brussels sprouts and toss gently to coat.
This topping added a nice savory flavor to plain Brussels sprouts. DH, the green vegetable hater, even went back for seconds.
Yummmm. I would never have thought of a mustard sauce on Brussels but I have to say that it was perfect with tonight's ham steak and biscuits. I started it when the ham went into the oven with the biscuits and it was ready when they were. Simple and easy to follow directions and a bright taste create a winner here.
My only problem with these is that I didn't make more!! DH and I love sprouts just as they are, but this put them over the top. Great recipe and a keeper!