Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a magazine I clipped and stuck in my Thanksgiving recipes ziplock!
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts With Lemon Sauce (Thanksgiving) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, about 12 oz
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill weed, snipped
- Trim stems of Brussels sprouts and remove any of the wilted outer leaves.
- In a medium saucepan combine Brussels sprouts, the 3/4 cup broth, butter and garlic. Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 7-10 minutes or untol sprouts are crisp-tender.
- Using a slotted speen, transfer sprouts to to a serving bowl and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the 2 tablespoons chicken broth, cornstarch, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Gradually add lemon mixture to hot broth in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in fresh dill weed.
- Pour lemon sauce over sprouts and serve.