Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
Leek adds special flavour to brussels sprouts, and a touch of elegance to this side dish. Adjust amounts accordingly for fewer or more servings, depending, too, on sprouts and leek sizes. This recipe originates in Reminisce magazine, Feb-Mar 2008 issue.
- 20 -24 Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and x-ed into each core
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced (white part)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place sprouts in saucepan with an inch of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add sliced leek, cover and continue to simmer 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain if there is any remaining liquid, and stir in butter, salt, and mustard.
- Keep warm till serving time.