Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't made this yet but I plan on making it for Easter next week.
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Place brussels sprouts in a saucepan with 1 inch of water.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large non stick skillet saute the green pepper celery and onion in butter for 2 minutes.
- Drain brussels sprouts and add to the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until sprouts are tender.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I did add two minced garlic cloves but that was the only change. The sprouts, celery, onions and peppers came from my freezer. The texture change of the frozen veggies didn't affect the taste of the dish but I really want to try it with all fresh veggies!Thanks.
We really enjoyed this recipe with our dinner today. We had stew beef and gravy and My Cream Potatoes. I added a vegetable bouillon cube to the water while boiling sprouts. Gave a very nice flavor. Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe! :)