Recipe by Sydney Mike
If you like garlic & lemon, here is a very nice way serve a great favorite of mine, Brussels sprouts.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed, leaves pulled off, cores quartered
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄8 sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, minced (a generous teaspoon)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over a medium setting, heat the oil, then add garlic & cook about 30 seconds, or until fragrant, then reduce heat to low & add Brussels sprout leaves & cores.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts soften & just start to brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, then cover & cook another 5 minutes or until cores are tender.
- Season with lemon pepper, (salt, if using) & the lemon zest., before serving.