Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like garlic & lemon, here is a very nice way serve a great favorite of mine, Brussels sprouts.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed, leaves pulled off, cores quartered
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄8 sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, minced (a generous teaspoon)
- In a saucepan over a medium setting, heat the oil, then add garlic & cook about 30 seconds, or until fragrant, then reduce heat to low & add Brussels sprout leaves & cores.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts soften & just start to brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, then cover & cook another 5 minutes or until cores are tender.
- Season with lemon pepper, (salt, if using) & the lemon zest., before serving.
I really loved this recipe. I made it exactly as follows other than adding a tiny bit extra of olive oil and water. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks Syd!
Delicious! I modified the method to first steam, then pan fry them on medium high heat to brown them, skipping the water. Great great flavor. This served two in our house.
Great recipe! The sprouts turned out nicely browned and cooked beautifully. Of course, I did add more lemon pepper cause I'm addicted to the stuff. Thanks Syd!