Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This goes well with Turkey. Cooking time does not include steaming the sprouts or cooking the fried onions.
- 1 kg Brussels sprout, peeled and steamed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 200 g pancetta, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fried onions (cooked gently in oil to carmelise)
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the pancetta and fry for 2 minutes until just becoming crisp.
- Toss in the sprouts, then the lemon juice.
- Season well.
- Cook for 2 minutes until heated through.
- Serve topped with fried onions.
Very good brussel sproats, and that is from my DH who is not too fond of brussel sproats. I left the pancetta out because we were having quite a rich meat entree. I caramalized the onions in a separate frypan 'til nice and deep brown, they really complemented the sproats. The sproats went well with the pork tenderloin w/gorgonzola cream we were having, thanks for sharing.