Recipe by Kathy228
A meatless main dish served with your favorite raita and a crusty bread. Or hearty side dish for smoked kielbasa, ham, pork.
- 680.38 g Brussels sprouts
- 59.16 ml butter
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarse chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml nutmeg, freshly grated
- 141.74-170.09 g wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 29.58 ml breadcrumbs, see step 12
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim ends of sprouts; cut small ones in half, large ones in quarters.
- Steam sprouts for 8-10 minutes or til ALMOST done. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions and sautee until just beginning to brown. Turn heat to low.
- Mix in the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt. Cook for one minute then add nutmeg.
- Add the sprouts to the onion mixture and combine gently.
- Turn off heat, cover pan, and let set while the egg noodles cook.
- When noodles are ALMOST done, drain.
- Fold the noodles into the brussel sprout mixture. Taste to adjust seasonings; you may need more salt. Pour into an 8 x 8 x 2" baking dish. Sprinkle on crumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the top starts to lightly brown.
- * your choice of crumbs such as: panko, soft bread crumbs, matzo meal, crushed crackers, toasted bread crumbs, grated parm. cheese.