1/2 Photos of Brussels Sprouts With Egg Noodles
A meatless main dish served with your favorite raita and a crusty bread. Or hearty side dish for smoked kielbasa, ham, pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarse chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 5 -6 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, see step 12
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Trim ends of sprouts; cut small ones in half, large ones in quarters.
- 3Steam sprouts for 8-10 minutes or til ALMOST done. Drain.
- 4Meanwhile, heat the butter and oil in a large skillet.
- 5Add onions and sautee until just beginning to brown. Turn heat to low.
- 6Mix in the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt. Cook for one minute then add nutmeg.
- 7Add the sprouts to the onion mixture and combine gently.
- 8Turn off heat, cover pan, and let set while the egg noodles cook.
- 9When noodles are ALMOST done, drain.
- 10Fold the noodles into the brussel sprout mixture. Taste to adjust seasonings; you may need more salt. Pour into an 8 x 8 x 2" baking dish. Sprinkle on crumbs.
- 11Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the top starts to lightly brown.
- 12* your choice of crumbs such as: panko, soft bread crumbs, matzo meal, crushed crackers, toasted bread crumbs, grated parm. cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts With Egg Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 520.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g