Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 55 g butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 55 g ready prepared chestnuts
- 650 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- Mix butter, garlic, zest and nutmeg and beat together.
- Chop chestnuts and add to butter. Place on cling film and make into a sausage shape. Chill until needed.
- Cook sprouts for 8 - 10 mins in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain and serve topped with the butter.
I figured this was about 1/4 cup butter & 1/4 cup chopped chestnuts. I enjoyed this. I did end up browning the brussels sprouts in some of the chestnut butter. It just sounded good. I liked the butter mixture. I have some left over & I will try it on some other things. I wonder how it would be on tilapia or a baked potato. Thank you very much for posting this recipe. I had no idea what I was going to do with this jar of pureed chestnuts I recently bought. Would never have thought to mix it with brussels sprouts. But it worked.