1/1 Photo of Brussels Sprouts With Celery
Great Britain From:Larousse Treasury of Country Cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet. Add the celery and onion and saute over low heat until tender ,about 10 minutes.
- 3Steam Brussels sprouts for 7 minutes, while celery and onion cook. Drain and reserve Brussels sprouts.
- 4In skillet sprinkle flour into the celery and onion mixture. Stir over low heat until well blended, then gradually add the milk and cook gently until sauce thickens.
- 5Season sauce to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg, then add the reserved Brussels sprouts.
- 6Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish. Top with bread crumbs, dot with remaining butter and bake for 10 minutes.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts With Celery
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 138.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g