Recipe by Bergy
Simple easy recipe. You may substitute pistachio nuts for the cashews.
Top Review by JustJanS
We enjoyed these thanks Bergy-the sweet, salty crunch of the cashews worked well in the dish. I might shred and stir fry my sprouts next time so the nuts get more evenely distributed through the finished dish.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, cleaned and a cross cut into the bottom of the stem
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped salted cashews (use unsalted for low sodium diets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Depending on the size of the sprouts steam them for 5-8 minutes. They should still be slightly crisp.
- Drain and pour into a fry pan where you have already melted the margarine. Add lemon juice and pepper. Cook until sprouts are heated through and glazed with the margarine.
- Sprinkle with the nuts and serve.