Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple easy recipe. You may substitute pistachio nuts for the cashews.
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts With Cashews recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, cleaned and a cross cut into the bottom of the stem
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped salted cashews (use unsalted for low sodium diets)
- Depending on the size of the sprouts steam them for 5-8 minutes. They should still be slightly crisp.
- Drain and pour into a fry pan where you have already melted the margarine. Add lemon juice and pepper. Cook until sprouts are heated through and glazed with the margarine.
- Sprinkle with the nuts and serve.
We enjoyed these thanks Bergy-the sweet, salty crunch of the cashews worked well in the dish. I might shred and stir fry my sprouts next time so the nuts get more evenely distributed through the finished dish.
These are amazing! Who'da thought brussels sprouts with cashews!? We like our sprouts "shaved", so I sliced them up really thin before lightly steaming them. I then browned them in the butter and added some chopped garlic with the lemon juice (about 1TBSP). Once the garlice softened, tossed in the cashews & served. DEFINITELY a keeper! Thanks for sharing Bergy! I know I can count on your recipes!
I steamed these a little longer because I prefer brussel sprouts more tender than crisp. The slight tartness of the lemon-butter glaze with the salty cashews was a good counterpoint to the flavor of the sprouts. Cheers for another quick, healthy side dish. Thanks.